Johnny Carson School of Emerging Media Arts
1. What was your primary challenge? Build buzz around a big donor announcement and new program at UNL
before the event and maximize exposure and reach of the announcement once it was made public.
2. How did you solve the problem? Utilizing news outreach, social media and digital content we strategically told
the story and created situations for organic story sharing.
3. What’s one interesting or unknown fact about this project? The announcement of a the $20 million dollar gift was promoted on owned media and nearly 1M impressions were earned.
Do It Snapchat Campaign
1. What was your primary challenge? Build awareness around a new way to vote in the ASUN elections and
grow the number of followers on the UNLincoln Snapchat account.
2. How did you solve the problem? Utilizing Snapchat’s video functionality, we shared suggestive and engaging
videos encouraging the user to “Do it” and vote online in the ASUN election.
3. What’s one interesting or unknown fact about this project? The 10 videos in the campaign had over 5,000 views and earned 100 new followers and the general election saw a 7% increase in voter turnout.